ORDF seeks to mitigate climate change and it’s effects on our local environment through advocacy and training of communities and farmer groups on sustainable environmentally friendly activities.
We want to ensure that 90% of rural communities in the Kumbungu District adopt organic farm production and tree planting by the year 2020, to become climatically resilient.
- To improve the lives of rural people through sustainable environmental practices
- To reduce the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere through effective bush fire control and tree planting
- To improve societal health through supporting rural farmers to produce nutrient rich organic food
- To improve the economic situation of rural farmers through organic faming and tree planting
- To encourage and motivate rural women into better farming practices
- To empower rural farmers through a common platform for cooperation and collaboration